Employment opportunities for youth in Boston’s historic parks
The Green Team Summer Program combines nature connection, environmental education, team building and work skills development into a unique program. During the six-week intensive online program, 30+ youth crew members meet for a total of 25 hours each week. Summer Green Team Program applicants must be Boston residents and between the ages of 15-18 years old.
Green Team crew members receive an environmental education with nature connection activities woven into the program in order to build an awareness and understanding of natural systems. Crew members are divided into groups and learn and work under the guidance of crew leaders.
City of Boston’s Department of Youth Engagement and Employment Information
- Applicants must be a resident Boston and be between the ages of 15-18
- Applicants must be registered with the Department of Youth Engagement and Employment in order to participate
- To register go to SuccessLink
- Registration runs until Tuesday, July 21 through SuccessLink
- Once you have registered through SuccessLink, you must complete the Green Team Application and return it, along with a letter of recommendation, to Kent Jackson, Director of Education, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Applications are reviewed on a first come, first served basis.
The Conservancy partners with the USDA Forest Service on the Green Team Program.
Emerald Necklace Conservancy Youth programs are generously supported by Cummings Foundation, The Manton Foundation, Charlotte Foundation, Bank of America Charitable Foundation, Hamilton Companies Charitable Foundation, Jane B. Cook 1992 Charitable Trust, Red Sox Foundation and The Paul & Edith Babson Foundation.