Turn Your Lens to the Emerald Necklace
View all of our Emerald Necklace Photo Contest entries here!
With 1,100 acres of green space in Boston and Brookline, the Emerald Necklace parks are full of grand vistas and special moments for stunning photography. Join us in celebrating Summer on the Emerald Necklace and the beauty of the parks with our Emerald Necklace Photography Contest!
Check below for contest information, tips and rules! Winners will receive a special-edition Emerald Necklace Conservancy baseball hat.
• Tuesday, July 14: Finalists will be posted on social media for online voting
• Tuesday, July 14: Public voting period opens
• Monday, July 20: Public voting period closes
• Tuesday, July 21: Winners announced
• Visit the Conservancy’s mobile tour guide on your mobile device for places to photograph around the Necklace
• Visit the Conservancy’s Instagram for examples of photographs taken in the Emerald Necklace
• Check out the Boston Parks Department’s Pics in the Parks webpage for photography tips
• Look for unique moments in the parks to photograph, or put a unique spin on a commonly photographed subject
• To enter, tag your photos of the Emerald Necklace on Instagram, Facebook or Twitter with #ENPhotoContest or email with the subject line “Photo Contest”
• Tag the park that your photo was taken in on social media or include the location in your email submission
• Six photos of the Emerald Necklace will be selected and posted by the Conservancy as finalists
• From the finalists, two winners will be selected: one chosen by the Conservancy and a “people’s choice” that has received the most “likes” on social media
• The photo must be taken between June 29 and July 13, 2020, and should not have been previously posted online
• Photographs must be taken by the person submitting an entry
• By submitting photos, participants agree to allow future use of their work by the Emerald Necklace Conservancy, with credit