Volunteer in the Parks
- Info for Volunteers
- What to bring: Long pants, closed toe shoes, hat, all weather clothing, snack, sunscreen and a water bottle.
- What is provided: All necessary tools, gloves and instruction.
- What to expect: Emerald Necklace Conservancy volunteer work days are typically 3 hours long and involve some type of ecological restoration work such as planting trees or wildflowers, controlling erosion, building trails, or managing invasive species. We’ll teach you everything you need to know about safety and technique, provide you with tools and materials, and help you make a difference in our amazing parks. Expect to have fun, meet people who love the outdoors, and get dirty!
- What about the weather: Projects are weather dependent.
- Upcoming Volunteer Opportunities
- Spring 2013
- Tuesdays with Roses: Kelleher Rose Garden,
- Back Bay Fens, Spring-Fall, Tuesday evenings,
- 5:30 – 7:30pm
- Woodlands Volunteer Corps: Olmsted Park, Spring-Fall, 2nd Saturday each month,
- 10:00am – 1:00pm
- Clean-ups and Plantings: The parks, various dates from Spring-Fall