News & Events
- Olmsted Award of Excellence Presented to Longtime Park Advocate Sarah Freeman
- Award announced at 15th Anniversary Celebration on May 14.
The Emerald Necklace Conservancy presented the Olmsted Award of Excellence to Sarah Freeman of the Arborway Coalition for her many years of volunteer service on behalf of the parks and parkways of the Emerald Necklace. Emerald Necklace Conservancy president Julie Crockford announced the award at the Conservancy’s 15th Anniversary Celebration on May 14 at the Kelleher Rose Garden in the Back Bay Fens. Read full story>>
- Emerald Necklace Parks Champions Announced
- Awards presented at the 15th Anniversary Celebration on May 14th.
- Congratulations to the Park Champion Award recipients:
- John Blackwell (posthumous) Arnold Arboretum
- Isabella Callanan (posthumous) Riverway
- Christine Cooper and John Iappini Jamaica Pond
- Sarah Freeman Emerald Necklace Parkways
- Walter Little and Dan Richardson Franklin Park
- Arlene and Hugh Mattison Olmsted Park
- Freddie Veikley Back Bay Fens
- 15th Anniversary Celebration
- May 14 2013 | 6:00 – 8:00 pm
- Kelleher Rose Garden, Back Bay Fens
- Muddy River Restoration Project Update
- May 2013 Read the 90-Day Look Ahead to stay up to date on the construction schedule.
- Updated Bottle Bill
- March 2013 | The Updated Bottle Bill (UBB) has a record amount of support in the State Legislature with 95 Legislators signing on as co-sponsors (75 in the House and 20 in the Senate). This represents a 10% increase in the House since last session, as well as a majority of freshman representatives. The increase in support is an indication of the momentum that the bill will have this legislative session according to the bill’s chief sponsor in the House, Representative Hecht.
- The Bottle Bill has garnered public support over the years as the most effective way to increase recycling and decrease litter in public spaces. With your continued support it could very well become a reality in this year’s legislative session!
- The Emerald Necklace Conservancy would like to thank all those who contacted their legislators in support of the bill as well as the members of the Boston & Brookline delegations who signed as co-sponsors for the Updated Bottle Bill. A special thank you goes out to Cynthia Creem, chief sponsor in the Senate! More information.
Nominated by their park peers, these award recipients are most often described as the “unsung heroes” of the parks. Their connection to and with the park is deep and longstanding and they have dedicated much time and energy in activities that improve, enliven or protect the parks.
The Emerald Necklace Conservancy is celebrating 15 years of connecting people and parks and conserving the Emerald Necklace. Please join us to honor longtime park champions and enjoy refreshments and camaraderie under the tent at the Kelleher Rose Garden. Purchase tickets