Do you enjoy working outside with your hands, spending time in nature and learning about the environment? If so, the Green Team Program is for you!
The Green Team Summer Program combines park maintenance, nature connection, environmental education and work skills development activities. For six weeks in the summer, 30 youth crew members work during the week for a total of 25 hours.
Who is eligible for the Green Team Summer Program?
The program is open to all who are:
- Residents of Boston between the ages of 15–18
- To participate you MUST register with the City of Boston’s Department of Youth Engagement and Employment
- Interested in learning about the environment
- Interested in landscape management
- Experienced working in the outdoors
What do Green Team Summer Program participants do?
- Develop job skills through on the job training and workshops
- Receive training in park maintenance within the Emerald Necklace parks
- Work in the Emerald Necklace performing landscape management work
- Work in a crew of 10 with other young adults
- Participate in outdoor activities
- Participate in nature connection field trips
What is the schedule?
- Tuesday–Friday from 9:00 am–3:45 pm
- Participants work a total of 25 hours per week
How do I apply?
- MUST be registered with the Department of Youth Engagement and Employment
- Go to the City of Boston’s SuccessLink to register with the Department
- Send Green Team Application and a letter of recommendation to the Emerald Necklace Conservancy, Attention: Kent Jackson, 125 The Fenway, Boston, MA 02115 or email Kent at email@example.com
- Applications are reviewed on a first come first served basis.
For more information, contact Kent Jackson at 617-522-2700. Please see the attached application.